From complex interchanges to accessible pedestrian paths, transportation engineering projects can be challenging at any size. Municipalities and developers are often overwhelmed by the number of steps transportation engineering involves, including:
- Traffic studies.
- Construction oversight.
- Environmental documentation.
- Agency coordination.
At Fehr Graham, we get to know your community’s needs. Then we develop customized transportation engineering solutions. As a leading transportation engineering company in Illinois, we exceed our clients’ expectations and create safe, effective transportation infrastructure.
Plan roadways and interchanges with a leading transportation engineering company in Illinois
What type of interchange works best for your community?
- A cloverleaf interchange for a tight space?
- A diamond interchange at a highway intersection?
- A directional interchange to move cars from one freeway to another?
Work with the Fehr Graham team to determine the most efficient way to reduce traffic congestion and vehicle backups. Our extensive transportation engineering experience has guided clients through projects like:
- Street construction in South Beloit, Illinois.
- The Mercy Way and Lyford Road corridor in Rockford, Illinois.
- Widening the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway.
- Improvements to Harrison Avenue in Rockford, Illinois.
- Traffic impact analysis and land development in Champaign, Illinois.
Ensuring pedestrian safety throughout Illinois
Whether creating accessible sidewalks or a pedestrian path that can withstand heavy foot and bicycle traffic, we design and build safer routes and connections through your community. In addition to making travel safer and more accessible, our recreational designs revitalize riverfronts and neighborhoods. Some of our bike and pedestrian design projects include:
- A pedestrian bridge across Rock River in Dixon, Illinois.
- An old railroad track with a bike path in Mahomet, Illinois.